11.28.2007

Biking in Georgia; Memories

Lately, I find myself closing my eyes on bike rides(scary huh?) or when I am on a cardio machine(which I hate) imagining I am in the North Georgia Mtn's on my bike. Honestly, the North Georgia mtns are like I imagine heaven, quiet, serene, fresh with breathtaking views. The climbs are often slow, steady hard work and the fast descents are exhilarating.
I managed to find some old photos and even a Coach Coy video of the last several years rides and found many of the GAP rides. It's cool to think I rode the same roads as Lance Armstrong,Tom Daneilson,Nathan ONeil, Ceasar Grajeles,(I have actually ridden with Nathan and Ceasar; the later actually changed a flat for me; he's adorable) Dave Zabriske, and yes, Floyd Landis. I am sure something like the GAPs exists in Texas and I look forward to discovering such a place.

Georgia Gaps!


Riding

No comments: