1.30.2008

Eat, Pray ,Love

Have you read it? "Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I have been reading it since my new friend Phoung gave it to me last week at lunch. I can't put it down... I like how I feel after I have read it...centered and balanced and connected and thoughtful. I love to read and I generally read very fast. This book though, I am enjoying slowly; like a yummy piece of chocolate cake. This is one of those books that really gets you thinking about life, people and God among other things. It's not the kind of thinking that you do quickly though..this book requires slow, luxious and thoughtful pondering.
The author takes a sabbatical of sorts to travel to Italy, India and Indonesia over the course of the year. In Italy she eats, in India she prays and in Indonesia she finds love...I don't yet know if the love she finds is with another,herself or for God;
perhaps all three... and while I am eager to find out I continue reading it slowly; enjoying the scenery.

No comments: